Perryopolis.com—who pays the bills?
(Kindly note that I do not update this web page frequently;
therefore my expenses are even greater than indicated.)
If you enjoy Perryopolis.com, you owe the merchants above a thank-you for helping to make the site possible.
|Unfortunately, the cost of producing Perryopolis.com is more than these kind merchants’ ads can cover.|
Your Webmaster’s investment in perryopolis.com from its inception on April 1, 2000, to date is as follows:
- Computers (four in all are used
to create and edit Perryopolis.com), peripherals, software, domain registration,
legal services, web hosting, broadband Internet access, and administrative
costs: over $20,000.00.
I know that you can buy a nice computer at WalMart for under $500.00,
but if you want to do professional work—especially
graphics work—while avoiding viruses, worms, spyware, and the like,
you need a top-grade professional computer, and that means a high-end
Apple® Macintosh®. I
use professional-grade Macintosh® computers
with Intel® and dual G5® processors. One of my Mac workstations,
with its 30-inch Cinema Display, five hard drives (more than two terabytes
of storage and backup) and the software that I use to produce Perryopolis.com
is valued at over $12,000.00.
(Of course, I use this computer for tasks other than maintaining Perryopolis.com;
I also edit photographs for my astronomy site and for my personal site and I run professional
video editing software—I make DVD movies.
- Subtotal (rounding down): $31,000.00.
- Time spent designing and building the site, maintaining the site, editing photographs, and answering e-mails: $11,000.00 if I allowed myself the minimum wage of $5.15 per hour for both web-site design/ maintenance and the scanning and editing photographs in Adobe Photoshop; $128,000.00 if I allowed myself the standard rate of $45.00 per hour for web-site design/maintenance and $65.00 per hour for scanning and editing photographs in Adobe Photoshop. (Nowhere will one find web design/maintenance or Photoshop work at the minimum wage!)
- I can’t really allow myself anything at all for my time because the total revenue generated by Perryopolis.com since its inception is under $5,000.00. Here’s the math:
- Of course, it’s not really a loss, because money isn’t everything and the Webmaster never intended for Perryopolis.com to make a profit (though he had hoped it would pay for itself.) This is first and foremost a public service site. The kind remarks that I hear from folks like these and from your kind e-mails and entries in the Guestbook are the greatest reward that I could ask for.
|Ah, but you would like to help, anyway! Thank you. Bluebell Internet Services, LLC, the company that I own, and that in turn owns Perryopolis.com, does not accept private donations for the production and maintenance of this site, but I would be grateful if you would tell the merchants with whom you do business how much you like Perryopolis.com, and that you would like to see them support the site with an inexpensive ad. If you wish, you may print this promotional PDF file and give it to your local merchant.|
Thank you again for the rich reward that you have given me by your visits to Perryopolis.com.
David E. Illig
Originator, Owner, and Webmaster, Perryopolis.com
|Serving in Uniform|
|The Perryopolis Yahoo Discussion Group is at http://www.groups.yahoo.com/group/perryopolis. Join Now!|
|Your Privacy on Perryopolis.com|
|Internet Security Information|
|E-mail the Webmaster|
|Try the Large-print Site Index|
| Main Page
The Adjunct Perry Dictionary
Around Town: Photos
Classmates thru ’79
Classmates after ’79
• Coal Mining
• Everson Centennial
Grist Mill Bulletin Board
| Old Guestbook
Perryopolis Area Heritage Society
• Serving in Uniform
Map: How to Get Here
• Pioneer Days
• Perry Township
Providence Meeting House
| Religious Organizations
Redstone Parish of the
United Methodist Church
• Reunion Photos
Harry R. Sampey Park
Star Junction Memories